Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Post #3 Memoir Review

"Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler

Chelsea Handler is hands down one of the funniest women of our time- her wit, confidence and bluntness is really what makes her so likable. While her humor may most of the time be crude and downright inappropriate, Chelsea will make you chuckle no matter how badly you don't want to. Her (one of many) "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" is by far one of my favorite reads when I need to be uplifted. She is honest, disgusting, hilarious, and quite frankly pretty relatable. Reading her entertaining memoir allows me to recall of the weird people I have met or the odd incidents I have experienced. She really isn't afraid to say what she means and that has rubbed off on me, growing up I was very shy. While I still may be in front of crowds, I have learned to come out of my shell through humor. I am able to make jokes with strangers and laugh at things that I think are funny without fear of what others are going to think. Handler writes in a way that is relatable without actually being relatable, she humanizes herself in every sense of the phrase. Though she often tweets topless pictures of herself, she is still one of my favorite people on this planet, and quite frankly, a role model too. Her book is a constant reminder to me that no matter how great it may seem others have it, everyone has shitty people in their lives, and everyone deals with things, it's how you handle it that is what makes you a quality person.

1 comment:

  1. I think someone loaned me this book and I read it a few years back.

    ReplyDelete