Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 5: Memoirs of an Addicted Brain

Marc Lewis was an addict who wrote a book and has a blog which talks about all kind of addictions. This blog is set up for anyone who wants to talk about their addiction and looking for help or people who wants to learn about it. He talks about how started taking drugs to escape reality and how he became and addict through the process of escaping reality. From heroin to opium, he did it all. he even got arrested stilling some drugs.

Reading some of his blog post made me realize some people can change by putting in some effort. I have met some addicts before and he is right when he says it's not a disease or a choice. Some people don't even know why there are doing it , they don't even realize what it's doing to them until some life changing experience happens to them and they seek help.Since i have never being an addict, i really can't explain their feeling but reading his post I got some kind of idea of what drive them into getting high. Like the last piece of chocolate I usually stash somewhere for a nigh snack. Probably not the exact same feeling but something similar. It's like I want that piece right when I want it, i know i left it somewhere i can really quick. However, for an addict they usually don't Keep enough to last them long, so they have o go out and get into all kind of trouble to get it. It's sad really, just reading about it makes me want to learn more about it. It's fascinating, somehow it's like they confuse non-reality with reality. I just wan to learn more about it.

http://www.memoirsofanaddictedbrain.com/blog/

1 comment:

  1. Nice review; I am not familiar with this blog.

    ReplyDelete